Global Culinary Initiative Defined
In support of the LDEI vision, the Global Culinary Initiative was founded to embrace diversity. Food is the thread that connects all cultures and incorporates lifestyles and traditions. What better way to envelope diversity within our 29 LDEI chapters than to tap into the global cultures within our own communities.
Global Culinary Initiative Mission Statement:
The mission of the Global Culinary Initiative is to embrace our global communities through culinary connections that will provide educational programming, training programs and cultural exchange.
Objectives are to represent the LDEI mission:
Educate through raising awareness of our global culinary communities
- Establish a talent pool of members who are able to present programs within their communities;
- Connect with established programs (culinary organizations promoting global connections).
Advocate through increasing membership from diverse cultures
- Provide opportunities for cultural exchange by organizing international programs that include our diverse chapter communities.
- Cultivate professional relationships with owners of ethnic restaurants and markets.
Philanthropy through supportive chapter projects that raise awareness, encourage and promote diversity
- Partner with local charities that provide services for assisting immigrants and offer to provide culinary training programs that will be career focused;
- Develop and implement programs and fund-raising projects to benefit ethnic groups within chapter communities.
For more information, please contact our Global Culinary Initiative Chair at email@example.com.
Global Culinary Initiative Newsletters
Click here to read the most recent Global Culinary Initiative Newsletters or click on the individual links below.
November 2020 - Armchair Travels: Exploring World Cuisines
May 2020 - The New Normal: Negotiating a Global Pandemic
October 2019 - Immigrants and Diverse Flavors of Tennessee and Southern Appalachia
August 2019 - Foodways of East Asia
October - The Beverage Issue
May - Middle Eastern Cuisine
December - North American Native Cuisine
May - Culinary Diplomacy
October - The Latin America Issue
October - The African Issue
March - The Global Culinary Scene
September - GCI Travel Issue
May - What Cuisines Are Trending